1. **It’s “New Age.”** Nope…mysticism has existed in various forms all around the world for thousands of years.
2. **It’s about magick, or alchemy, or conversing with spirits.** Nope…it’s about inviting innate spiritual perception-cognition and wisdom that every person has within themselves.
3. **It’s not part of any religion.** Nope…some flavor of mysticism exists in every spiritual tradition: Sufism (Islam); contemplative Christianity; Kabbalah (Judaism); Wicca; Hinduism; Buddhism; etc.
4. **It’s “of the Devil.”** Nope…it’s the esoteric basis for every form of compassion-centered spirituality — and indeed every formal religion.
5. **Only special people can be mystics.** Nope…there are tools and practices available to anyone and everyone to activate mystical awareness — there are just some techniques that are more suitable to one person than another.
My 2 cents.
TrackbacksTrackback specific URI for this entry
This link is not meant to be clicked. It contains the trackback URI for this entry. You can use this URI to send ping- & trackbacks from your own blog to this entry. To copy the link, right click and select "Copy Shortcut" in Internet Explorer or "Copy Link Location" in Mozilla.
The author does not allow comments to this entry